Implement regular pre-match agenda that examines :
1. relative strengths of both teams.
2. Strong and weak points about each player.
3. Order of play for ponies. Inside information about the opponent’s ponies, if obtainable, will assist here, but otherwise it is important not to allow all the players in a team to ride their weakest link, if there is one, in the same chukka
4. Code words for a set-piece tactics. It is even better if these are practised beforehand.
5. Macking arrangements for defence plans, with possible alternatives