Sometimes horses are injured during transportation. Indeed, it is not always easy to know how to transport your animal in the best possible conditions. Here are some advices to help you:
– Check that your horse was recently inoculated and wormed. And collect all the necessary documents about it.
– At least 10 days before the departure run tests by your veterinarian, specially if your horse travels more than 6 hours.
– If your horse travels abroad, plan vaccinations against some specific diseases according to the countries.
– Protect your horse using travel boots, tail guard, neck protection and bell boots. Discover here Spirit of Polo travel boots.
– Avoid transportation during the warmest hours of the day, hydrate your horse and aerate the van. Finally, do not forget to take a first aid kit.